FINE FOOD AUSTRALIA BREAKS RECORDS
MELBOURNE: The 24,300 visitors and 30,000sqm of exhibitors who participated in the whirlwind that was Fine Food Australia 2012, are well and truly in recovery mode after the show’s biggest and most successful year to date in its 29 year history. Over 37 countries were represented, making it a truly international food industry event.
This year’s Fine Food Australia, which took place at the Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre from 10 – 13 September, saw plenty of new and exciting show attractions across four action packed days. These included The Les Toques Blanches Master Classes, where some of the most internationally renowned executive chefs took to the stage to share their skills and techniques while cooking up original dishes, and the Food 4 Thought Zone, where industry professionals educated visitors on various aspects of catering and foodservice, throughout the show. A whole host of new educational seminars, forums and tours of the show were also a welcome addition to this year’s Fine Food.
The real focus this year was on new and innovative products to enter the industry over the past year, which were highlighted in the New Product Showcase and in a series of New Product Show Tours. A record of 250 products were entered into the annual Best New Product Awards, judged by independent industry experts, which celebrates innovation and excellence in the food manufacturing industry.
This year’s winners of the Best New Product Awards were:
• Best New Bakery Product Award winner: Rollmatic from Australian Bakery and Pizza
• Best New Hospitality Equipment Award winner: Comcater FRIMA Vario Cooking Centre
• Best New Retail Product Award winner: Popina Foods Goodness Super foods Cereals
• Best New Foodservice Product Award winner: Bulla Dairy Foods – Bulla Dollop Cream Portions.
Fine Food was lit up by several exciting industry competitions which ran throughout the four days, including:
• The Great Aussie Sandwichship Grand Final (Winner: Laura Neville of Cafenatics),
• The Equal Barista Cup (Open Winner: Franki Shi of Relish, Apprentice Winner: Ronald Ngo )
• The Official Great Aussie Pie Competition (Winner: Bart Honig of Maroopna Bakery)
• The Australian Culinary Challenge (Winner of the Fonterra Foodservice Restaurant Challenge was the Western Australia Culinary Team)
Record breaking exhibitor numbers, plenty of new highlights, competitions and welldeserved awards saw Fine Food Australia 2012 end on a record breaking high.
Fine Food Australia will return in 2013 at the Sydney Convention & Exhibition Centre, for what is sure to be another exciting and dynamic showcase of all things food! For more information on Fine Food events, please visit www.finefood.com.au